“Why do you love me?” is one of those questions that is deceptively hard to answer, and with all such questions, the inquirer usually demands that it be answered not soon after asking, and in a fashion that satisfies their burning desire to know.
A Hard Question To Answer
What makes a question like “Why do you love me” that much harder to answer is that even if you rattle off several lines of the most beautiful prose, or if you quote Shakespearean poetry or verse of your own creation, your answer will still not satisfy if the listener construes it as insincere. Therefore, any attempts to learn by heart the answer to this question would be useless.
So what do you do? Tell the truth.
How To Be Sincere?
“Why do you love me?” is a question that presumes that you do love the person who is asking, and such a big assumption is usually never made by anyone on a whim. Indeed, it is likely that you have said to the other person that you love them, and they, overcome with joy or slightly taken aback (but interested) have asked why you have said such a thing. In such a scenario, it becomes easy to be sincere, but we’ll get to that in a bit, for there is one more scenario to cover.
Suppose that you have said those 3 words that we all want to hear so much to someone on a whim, maybe once or maybe even thrice, and they have called you out on it. No amount of racking your brains for an honest sounding answer will work here, and you may be able to buy a little time with your pre-learned answers, but upon being asked again (it will happen) you will eventually give your insincerity away.
Answering The Question
Like we have just discussed, the most likely time that such a question would arise is right after you have said the three most significant words in the English language. And when asked back, “Why do you love me?” don’t panic, but just focus on the emotions and conviction that made you say I love you in the first place. To make your life easier for the next time you are asked, here are 20 things you can focus on:
1. Because you have so much fun with them.
2. Because they always make you laugh.
3. Because you both are so compatible.
4. Because they’re so easy to talk to.
5. Because they always listen to whatever it is you want to say.
6. Because they try to understand you, even if they don’t personally relate.
7. Because you love the way they look, touch and feel you.
8. Because of the little things they do for you that make you feel special.
9. Because coming back home and talking to them is the highlight of your day.
10. Because even when you’re in a bad mood, them being near makes your mood better.
11. Because they stay up late to talk to you and be with you even though they have an early day tomorrow.
12. Because they’re not afraid and do not back away when you talk about your future and how it includes them.
13. Because you know all of your secrets will be safe with them.
14. Because they still love you and want you even after all of the mistakes you have made.
15. Because the thought and knowledge that they are in your life makes you happy.
16. Because no matter how bad things get, you know the two of you will patch things up and become normal again.
17. Because they accept you just the way you are, even if you yourself don’t.
18. Because you can trust that they are being honest with you.
19. Because you feel safe around them.
20. Because they are respectful and considerate to not only you, but everyone around them.
So there you have it, the reasons why you love someone can be various and diverse, but being able to tell them exactly what it is you love about them is so rewarding for the both of you. Did we miss something? Add on to the comments and share your take.